ePlanning will take South Australian planning online
The PDI Act 2016 provides for the new SA Planning Portal, a one-stop shop website for information, online services and community participation relating to the South Australian planning system.
South Australians will now have the planning information they need at their fingertips, and will be able to access the planning system 24 hours a day using their computer, phone or tablet.
ePlanning will take the South Australian planning system online and will allow South Australians to:
- lodge development applications online, using a single application form
- easily monitor and track progress of development applications online
- receive decision notices electronically – and get faster approvals
- gain 24/7 fast access to searchable and reliable planning information, publications, maps and data
- easily access the latest planning news and updates
- access online planning policy and spatial map information online
- submit and track Planning and Design Code amendments online
- check the online register of accredited professionals
- use online help tools such as:
- an interactive building with click and view areas to highlight what is exempt from requiring approvals
- a questionnaire to check if an application needs to be submitted and, if so, the associated planning policy
The following ePlanning services are available now as part of the modernisation of South Australia’s planning system:
- SA Planning Portal launched December 2016 and has continued to grow and evolve with new content and capabilities.
- Online Submissions Form launched to enable online submissions on planning matters that are on consultation such as Ministerial Development Plan Amendments (DPAs).
- Single Land Use and Land Division Public Development Application Register available for viewing.
- State Planning Commission website available with information on Commission members and the new planning system.
- Council Connect provides an online collaboration tool for councils to engage with each other and DPTI. This is a secure environment where participants can contribute to various forum discussion topics relating to the Planning Reform program.
The following ePlanning services are currently under development as part of the ePlanning program:
- Replacing the Electronic Land Division Lodgement system with a new, easy-to-use system which will include additional features
- Online lodgement for development applications
- Online enquiry tools such as a questionnaire and an interactive building and spatial maps
- Online solutions to support the new Planning and Design Code
- Updating the public register to enable development applications to be viewed spatially on a map.
|February 2019||EDALA replaced with the new Land Division solution|
|Portal Phase 2.0 redesign released based on customer needs|
|November 2017||External stakeholder workshops with Portal customers to scope needs|
|Council Connect engagement space released|
|Developed the ePlanning solution conceptual architecture|
|EDALA replacement project started|
|Addition of 'Our Planning Future' and 'Snapshot SA' to portal|
|Planning Commission website released|
|New consolidated Public Register released|
|Addition of Ministerial DPAs submissions online|
|SA Planning Portal Phase 1.0 launched|
To learn more about ePlanning contact us at DPTI.ePlanningProject@sa.gov.au.